Monday, June 11, 2007

Stranger ot the Week


As I walked through Grant Park on Saturday I was confronted by this gentlemen. The self-proclaimed "King of the Bums". He spoke with a British accent that seemed authentic and claimed to have five children and a pregnant wife. His house was under the bridge I was crossing. I gave him two bucks to take his picture (I've paid more for model releases) and snapped his photo.

In general the homeless population in Chicago seemed to be under control. I'm not sure if they are shipping them out of the central city or if the city services are having a positive effect. I know that when I have visited San Francisco recently there seemed to be many more people struggling and on the street. It is really hard as a tourist to make a determination on those types of issues since you may be seeing cosmetics rather than reality.

No comments: