Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lightrail Begins


Today the light rail system began in Phoenix. The rides were free and it being so highly anticipated the trains were packed all day. I wasn't able to get on today because I didn't want to wait in line and I know that I will have the chance to ride it many times over the next few years. The opportunity to document and explore the impact that this new system has on this city particularly the way the everyone will interact with it, the reaction to it and the art work that was create around it. I hope to explore it some of these ideas in the coming months thorough my photography.

Nearby I have posted photos of the train cars as they past the stop on Encanto and Central; along with a photo that I took of the new bridge that crosses the Salt River near Tempe that was built as part of the system.

No comments: