Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Pictures


My sister and brother-in-law invited me over to take some holiday photos of my little niece, Erin. She is a great little kid and very photogenic. We had fun running around the different locations near their house where we were able to take shots. We were not the only one out there today as many people were setting up family group photos. It was great to see my sister, brother-in-law and Erin and I got to watch a video of a recital that Erin was in this morning - very cute and very funny.

Not much done to the photo other than a slight warming filter effect in Photoshop to cut the white color cast of the flash. Click on it to see a larger version.

I have been taking pictures of a lot of models during the last year and sometimes I feel a bit self-conscious about it because I really don't think of myself as a fashion or glamour photographer. I do have fun with the models that I work with and consider many of them friends. But one thing that I realize during the past few months is that by working with models I am constantly learning and using new techniques. If you look at this photo and the one in the entry right below you'll see a very similar style and feel. I did use a more powerful light with Christina in the photo below, but the bigger difference is, that last Saturday, I was with Christina for several hours setting up and shooting. Today with my niece I had maybe 20 minutes. It was the time practicing beforehand that helped me feel more confident today and to be able to capture an acceptable image.

No comments: