Sunday, December 9, 2007

Some Suggested Music


A few years ago, my friend Joey and I were having a beer at the Alcatraz Brewing Company. It was a microbrewery that was at the The Mills mall in Tempe. We got talking about music and I ask Joey to list out some CDs (this was before the iPod) he thought that I should have in my music collection. He grabbed a coaster from the bar and started listing the albums he thought important enough to have in a music library. I recently came across that coaster and thought that I would post his recommendations, just for fun. I only have two of the listed albums, the Beach Boys and Bob Dylan but I plan on referring to the list from time to time as I look for new music to download for my iPod.

Clearly this was a quick list off the top of his head (for example he doesn't list any Beattles album) and it was really geared towards 60s and 70s rock and roll (so therefore doesn't have any jazz, folk or blues), but I thought it was an interesting enough list to share.

By the way, the complete list is:

The Doors
Eric Clapton - From the Cradle
Van Morrison - Moondance
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
The Who - Who's Next
Genesis - Three Sides Live
Bob Marley - Legend
Led Zepplin - 1
Bad Company
Beach Boys - Endless Summer
Roxy Music - Avalon

No comments: