Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My first post


My first post on my blog...hmm..what to say? Already I'm feeling the pressure. Actually this is really a place marker. Somewhere to begin a journey and record my life. Now I just need to find something to say each day. I thought that I would post an image from my recent trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. I shot this at a rodeo that was being held between two clubs in Guadalajara. There was a number of events that took place, and this was the last one. The caballeros were much rougher on the animals than we are use to expecting in the States. The event that relates to this picture involves forcing the horse to run at high speed around the arena enclosure and then lassoing it so that it will fall. I hate to admit it but when your there to take pictures you get lost in the moment and don't really think about what is happening to the animal. I tried to time this picture just as the horse was falling. Fortunately he was able to get up from this fall, but I thought the slow shutter speed with the resulting blurring effect showed how dramatic the event was on the horse. The lighting also create shadows that made this shot take on an image from a prehistoric petroglyph.

No comments: